Cannabidiol or CBD is extracted from the hemp plant and it is the most prominent, naturally occurring component constituting almost 40% of the plant. The hemp CBD oil for pets is extracted from the stalks, flowers and leaves of the plant. The oil so extracted, is extremely low on THC or tetrahydrocannabinol making it really safe to use. For this reason, your pet can reap the benefits of CBD oil without being affected by the psychoactive effects of THC. This oil has a lot of therapeutic benefits when used therefore. In the recent years, CBD is being increasingly used in treating a number of human ailments and has been approved by FDA too. Vets often recommend it for treating pets as well. However, this form of treatment is relatively new with a number of things that are yet to be clarified. So, would you use it on your beloved four legged friend?
- CBD is not Psychoactive: Since CBD oil contains a minuscule amount of THC, pets treated with the oil show no signs of psychoactive effect. In other words your loved dog or cat will certainly not get high with the hemp going into their body. On the contrary, they will be relaxed making it easier for both the pet oner as well as the vet to handle them.
- Reduces Anxiety: Dogs share emotions and feelings with human beings! Anxiety is something that your furry friend faces too. The cause of anxiety is unknown and the symptoms might go unseen too but using CBD oil on them can help significantly by calming them successfully.
- It can Fight Cancer: Research is still on in this regard but studies indicate that CBD oil can fight cancer too. The components present in the oil happen to combat carcinogenic cells properly thereby aiding the helpless pet who is plagued with such a devastating disease.
- Relieves Pain: Pets especially the ones advanced in years can be wracked with arthritic pain causing them to limp and move around slowly! Arthritis can be really painful and it is equally painful for you to see your pet suffering from it. A metered dose of the oil can effectively relieve your furry friend.
- It is Legal and Safe: The best thing about hemp CBD oil for pets is that it is completely legal and safe to use. Your pet will be able to reap the benefits of the oil without any untoward effects. It is totally legal to utilize it in spite of certain effects being studied at present. It is advisable that you consult your vet before giving it to your pet therefore.
There are a lot of facts about CBD that still remain unknown, but there are certain things you seriously need to consider before you buy a product. Be sure that the product is completely organic and of superior quality. Go for cost-friendly and affordable products and do not go for the cheap counterfeit products. Remember that the product you use will keep your four legged friend secure and healthy thereby giving you a chance to enjoy its company for many more years.